About this blog


This is my blog on the arts scene of Carrboro, Chapel Hill and surrounding Triangle communities. I'll focus on visual arts and the 2ndFriday Artwalk and other visual art events but that doesn't mean I won't chat about music, literary events, film or anything else in the local creative world. Please email with ideas, links, comments or brickbats. [I have comment moderation on so if you don't see your comment right away that means that I haven't had a chance to approve it yet. Sorry, but the spammers.....]

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Good for Raleigh!

In tight budget times the arts generally takes a big hit. Our souls -- young and old -- need art and beauty but feeding souls seem to be of minor importance. Somehow we see arts as optional, quite an odd view given the increasing importance of creativity, design and arts in being competitive in the world economy.

So hurrahs to Raleigh for refusing to slash arts funding this year.

No comments: