About this blog


This is my blog on the arts scene of Carrboro, Chapel Hill and surrounding Triangle communities. I'll focus on visual arts and the 2ndFriday Artwalk and other visual art events but that doesn't mean I won't chat about music, literary events, film or anything else in the local creative world. Please email with ideas, links, comments or brickbats. [I have comment moderation on so if you don't see your comment right away that means that I haven't had a chance to approve it yet. Sorry, but the spammers.....]

Friday, June 19, 2009

Subversive art in Raleigh

Okay, that's something of an overstatement but Uliveandyouburn, the nom de plume of Raleigh graffiti artist Joseph Carnevale, certainly caused a ruckus with his Barrel Monster creature constructed of, ah, borrowed orange construction barrels. Since the monster's creation and Joseph's arrest, he's been on NPR, discussed on national news and become a worldwide celebrity -- or had at least a good 15 minutes of fame. Good for Joseph!

I'm guessing rights to this photo are with Joseph and WWW.NOPROMISEOFSAFETY.COM but it could be the N&O newspaper

No comments: