About this blog


This is my blog on the arts scene of Carrboro, Chapel Hill and surrounding Triangle communities. I'll focus on visual arts and the 2ndFriday Artwalk and other visual art events but that doesn't mean I won't chat about music, literary events, film or anything else in the local creative world. Please email with ideas, links, comments or brickbats. [I have comment moderation on so if you don't see your comment right away that means that I haven't had a chance to approve it yet. Sorry, but the spammers.....]

Monday, March 29, 2010

"Playing with Paint" an art series class with Maggi Grace

Back in my dark ages, circa 2006, I began painting as a form of therapy.  I was lucky enough to have Maggi Grace take me under her wing.  She taught me techniques and such but mostly she opened my mind to my possibilities. 

She continues in her quiet way to try to make the world a better place, whether it is teaching painting and poetry, traveling to India to volunteer (her idea of a vacation), or simply in the way she lives her life.  She has a class coming up that she calls "Playing with Paint." I encourage those of you who have always wanted to paint but thought that was only for "artists" to give her class a try.  The same holds true if you've painted before but seem to be stuck.  I promise you'll discover your inner creative self.

Playing with Paint
                     
7 Tuesdays this Spring   (April 13, 20, 27; May 4, 11, 18, 25) 
    10:30 am-1:00 pm * 

Description   "You begin with the possibilities of the materials”—Robert Rauschenberg

It’s spring.  What a perfect time to paint and play!  Here’s a course for anyone who has ever said, “I don’t have a creative bone in my body!” or “I couldn’t even draw a stick figure,” but who is secretly attracted to the world of painting. Get acquainted with PAINT in a safe, non-threatening, non-competitive environment. We’ll play with different paints, colors, textures, shapes and various surfaces to paint, and experiment with the brush and lots of unexpected tools.

Instead of trying to duplicate exactly what we see, we'll play with paint and see what we have created.  Playing with Paint allows you the luxury of creating at your own pace, focusing on possibilities instead of the results. Whether you’ve never touched a paintbrush before or you are an artist needing a new spark, join us for this workshop as a SPRINGboard into new creative thinking.  (Flexible schedule available)  Continuing students may bring their own projects to work on here.

* Class is held in the artist’s Carrboro studio. (Two creative cats live there, too). 
* Please wear comfortable, non-precious clothing (or bring a painting smock/shirt). 
* Contact me with any special needs  maggi.grace@gmail.com  
   (Visit:  www.maggigrace.com)
* Choose Any 6 of 7 Tuesdays* for $235.  Nothing to buy-ALL materials included !      (*Will adjust fee for desired times &  number of sessions.)  
 

No comments: