About this blog


This is my blog on the arts scene of Carrboro, Chapel Hill and surrounding Triangle communities. I'll focus on visual arts and the 2ndFriday Artwalk and other visual art events but that doesn't mean I won't chat about music, literary events, film or anything else in the local creative world. Please email with ideas, links, comments or brickbats. [I have comment moderation on so if you don't see your comment right away that means that I haven't had a chance to approve it yet. Sorry, but the spammers.....]

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Art discussion on the radio at WCOM FM 103.5

Carrboro's very own community radio, WCOM 103.5, provides all kinds of interesting programming: music, politics, African-American and Latino issues, energy, health, etc.  The schedule is here.

For our purposes, its the arts that is important and there are a number of shows that address a range of artistic endeavors.  For now I am going to ignore music shows where the focus is a Deejay spinning CDs.

How about the Book Beat or Inside the Artists Studio with interviews and discussion on books and visual art respectively?  Or the compendium of what's going on in the arts locally with Jackie Helvey and Valerie Schwartz called The West End Report on the Arts?  Then there is Readings With Tobin Logan
which focuses on children's literature. 

The radio station is streamed here but I listen to it using the TuneIn Radio app on my iPhone.

No comments: