About this blog


This is my blog on the arts scene of Carrboro, Chapel Hill and surrounding Triangle communities. I'll focus on visual arts and the 2ndFriday Artwalk and other visual art events but that doesn't mean I won't chat about music, literary events, film or anything else in the local creative world. Please email with ideas, links, comments or brickbats. [I have comment moderation on so if you don't see your comment right away that means that I haven't had a chance to approve it yet. Sorry, but the spammers.....]

Sunday, June 19, 2011

A wonderful show and a sad goodbye

Last night I attended the Joe Ely show at the ArtsCenter.  The medium sized crowd (for what should have been a sellout) was remarkably enthusiastic and brought Joe and his top-notch band back for two encores.  The combination of a terrific musical retrospective of his long career was used as a way to showcase some wonderful new tunes from his latest cd available at Amazon or iTunes.

From http://www.ely.com/

The sad note was the passing on Saturday of Clarence Clemons, the longtime sax player for the E Street Band.  The June 1975 Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band show in New Orleans changed my life.  This 16 year old would never be the same and the Big Man has been a big part of my life ever since. I'll miss you Big Man!


No comments: