About this blog


This is my blog on the arts scene of Carrboro, Chapel Hill and surrounding Triangle communities. I'll focus on visual arts and the 2ndFriday Artwalk and other visual art events but that doesn't mean I won't chat about music, literary events, film or anything else in the local creative world. Please email with ideas, links, comments or brickbats. [I have comment moderation on so if you don't see your comment right away that means that I haven't had a chance to approve it yet. Sorry, but the spammers.....]

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Cultureshed (kul'cher-shed)

From the Public Art Review magazine:

CULTURESHED (kul'cher-shed)

  1. A geographic region irrigated by streams of local talent and fed by deep pools of human and natural history.
  2. An area nourished by what is cultivated locally.
  3. The efforts of writers, performers, visual artists, scholars, farmers, and chefs who contribute to a vital and diverse local culture.
- Jay Salinas, Wormfarm Institute

Sounds a bit like Carrboro, yes?


PS. Yes I have been under a rock for, oh, 5-6 months now. I have crawled out and have rejoined the cyberworld. Look for more posts soon both here, my art blog, and also an update of my website

No comments: