About this blog


This is my blog on the arts scene of Carrboro, Chapel Hill and surrounding Triangle communities. I'll focus on visual arts and the 2ndFriday Artwalk and other visual art events but that doesn't mean I won't chat about music, literary events, film or anything else in the local creative world. Please email with ideas, links, comments or brickbats. [I have comment moderation on so if you don't see your comment right away that means that I haven't had a chance to approve it yet. Sorry, but the spammers.....]

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Garden Sculpture Invitational, today Sunday May 5 and Saturday May 11

Karen and I rode out to the 19th annual garden exhibit of the Garden Art Gallery west of Chapel Hill at 1902 Borland Rd, Hillsborough, NC. (Note: Arthur Minnis Road is closed so check ahead at the website or follow the signs to find the garden.) It was a beautiful cool day, the garden is wonderful and we saw some really terrific art. Highly recommended!

I'm posting some of Karen and my favorites here but all the 12 artists are very talented and the quality is high across the board. Still I'll say without reservation that William Moore blew me away with a range of pieces. Here's one.

William Moore (I forgot to write down the title)
I also was quite taken with Edwin White's work.
Edwin White, Look Closer
Edwin White, Perfect for Each Other
Tinka Jordy had a wide range of pieces including a number of totems.
Tinka Jordy, Blue Figure Totem 
Here's a Susan Moffat piece.
Susan Moffat, A Million Years a Foot
Finally a couple of pieces by that famous artist known as I Didn't Write Down the Info.




No comments: